NT employers/sponsors

We have on our database NT employers who are willing to provide employer nomination for employees who need a working visa and have plans to gain permanent residence in Australia. Usually employees will have to work for such an employer for 3 years before transition to permanent residence. The Employer/Sponsor will normally pay for the cost of the visa application but sometimes it is expected that the employee will pay a portion of the visa process while the employer pays for the SBS approval.

Concessions for NT nomination

The NT has one of the most generous concessions for semi-skilled and skilled workers in relation to English level, skill level, age and work experience. The NT government has flexible and easy-to-achieve requirements to obtain NT government sponsorship for certain visas. 1. The DAMA 482 visa gives concession on age (<55 years), English (5.0 overall and 4.0 for each component in IELTS) and salary (as low as $48,500. Occupations include ANZSCO level 4 skills or lower to include Barista, Bar Attendant Supervisor, waiter supervisor, beauty therapist, book keeper, beef farmer, bus driver, child care worker, community worker, crop farm worker, crowd controller, disability services officer, fishing hand, family day care worker, general clerk, OSH care worker, office manager, store person and truck driver. The occupation must be on the DAMA Occupation list. 2. The 190 visa is available for international student graduates who studied in the NT for 2 years and worked in their occupation or closely related one for 6 months in the NT. It is also available for anyone who has resided in the NT for 2 years and worked in their occupation or closely related one for 2 years and is likely to work for a third year. The occupation must be on CSOL and NT Migration List. 3. The 491 visa is available to anyone who has resided in the NT for 12 months and has an occupation on the CSOL Occupation list.